Notes on Application for Secondary One Discretionary Places
Telephone Enquiry Number：2743 9488、5603 8795
- Application period: 3 January 2022 (Monday) – 17 January 2022 (Monday)
- Application procedure:
Applicants can collect a copy of “Secondary One Discretionary Places Admission Application Form” in person from Lingnan Dr. Chung Wing Kwong Memorial Secondary School or download it from the school website. Completed forms are to be submitted to the school general office during the following office hours:
Monday – Friday: 9.00 a.m. – 5.00 p.m.
Saturdays: 9.00 a.m. – 12.30 p.m.
*** Office is closed on public holidays ***
In consideration of the COVID-19 pandemic, if parents are unable to submit the form in person or via an authorized personnel, forms and other documents can be submitted via post within the application period (The postmark date will be regarded as the date of application.).
- Required documents:
- Secondary One Discretionary Places Application Form (issued by the Education Bureau)
- “S1 Discretionary Places Admission Application Form” from our school
- A recent photo of applicant
- Photocopy of birth certificate or identification document (True copy is to be presented during interview for identification purposes.)
- Photocopy of academic results in P.5 and P.6 (True copy is to be presented during interview for identification purposes.)
*** Reference letters from primary schools are NOT required. ***
- Interview and selection:
- All applicants are required to attend an online interview on 9 April 2022(Saturday). Notifications will be issued in the case of any changes made regarding interview arrangements caused by the pandemic.
- Selection results: Parents of selected applicants will be contacted via phone and post by 4 May 2022 (Wednesday) (Parents are reminded to ensure that the contact number and mailing address are clearly written in the application form.).
- Download application form:
S1 Discretionary Places Admission Application Form (2022-2023)
- Selection criteria and weighting:
- Number of secondary one discretionary places: 40
- Academic results in P.5 and Term 1 of P.6 (30%)
- Interview performance (30%)
- Conduct (15%)
- Other outstanding achievements (15%)
- Performance in extra-curricular activities and/or community service (10%